On his blog, Eric Geiger, shared some research from a LifeWay Research study on how kids really grow spiritually. This is helpful information for parents as we shepherd the souls God has put under our care. The research was published in a book called, “Nothing Less: Engaging Kids in a Lifetime of Faith.” Eric shares the top 5, but you can check out the book for a look at all 10. Like Eric, I’ve listed the top five below, but click through to Eric’s blog to see how he explains each in more detail:
- The child regularly reads his/her Bible while growing up.
- The child regularly spends time in prayer growing up.
- The child regularly served in church going up.
- The child listened primarily to Christian music.
- The child participates in church mission trips and projects.
Read the entire blog here.